I stand on the same bridge.
Thinking the same things.
Well this year.
As I once again stand on the very same bridge.
I’ve actually acted on my thoughts.
And I’ve distilled them.
All of them.
Down to one simple notion.
The bridge I am referring to.
Is the bridge of 6 days that lead me from one year.
To the next year.
So it’s the bridge of 6 days from December 26th to December 31st.
One Simple Notion.
The one simple notion that I will take with me.
Over the bridge.
From 2019 to 2020.
I am under very little pressure apart from the ones I put on myself.
I think this will help me in 2020.
Because I am at my weakest.
My most panicky.
My most upset.
And riddled with the most self-doubt.
When I feel under pressure.
So here are a few things I’ll change.
- Say ‘no’ more.
- Allow slightly longer to do most things.
- Create regular gaps where I always do absolutely nothing at all.
- Never book meetings on Friday.
- Build fitness into my life rather than trying to squeeze it in somewhere.
- Turn my phone off for at least 8 of the 10(ish) hours that I work each day, Monday to Friday.
That’ll do for starters.
All of this seems obvious to me.
And so much easier to see and do.
When I am stood on The Bridge
So all I need to do now.
Is to remember those feelings.
When I get to the other side.